Follow on Bloglovin

Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 November 2013

How to clean your make up brushes.

The use of make up brushes makes all the difference when applying your make up. They give a beautifully flawless finish to any look, but if they are not washed in the correct way, they can cause much more problems than they resolve! Dirt and even bacteria can become trapped in between the bristles of the brush and can consequently cause your pores to become clogged.

I use the Dermalogica special cleansing gel in order to help clean my brushes! I use this product as part of my skin care routine but it works a treat when cleaning my make up brushes too! Click HERE to view this product. (£27.00)

Step 1. Begin by running your brush under lukewarm water.

Step 2. Squeeze a pea size drop of special cleansing gel into the palm of your hand.

Step 3. Swirl the wet brush in a circular motion in the special cleansing gel and continue to repeat this process until there is no residual make up in the bristles.

Step 4. Leave the brushes on a towel to dry.

My money saving tip - if you do not wish to splash out on the special cleansing gel, then fill a bowl with lukewarm water and add a small drop of shampoo! Simply swirl your brush in the bowl and then run it under a tap. Repeat this until the water runs clean.

So there you have it my beauty's, my guide to achieving gorgeous, clean brushes! 

Let me know how you get on with it.

Lots of love, Kenzie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment