Follow on Bloglovin

Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 January 2014

How to Bake a Victoria Sponge

It's apparent from my blog that I love chatting about all things fashion and beauty, from the latest trends to my favourite make up products. However, it wasn't until I actually researched the definition of beauty that I realised why limit myself to just make up?

According to the Oxford dictionary, beauty can be defined as, 'a combination of qualities, such as shape, colour, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially sight.' 

So I thought, you know what, I'm going to blog about my cakes too! I love baking and half of the fun is making the cake look beautiful after you've cooked it.

Here's my recipe to my Victoria Sponge! (Be warned...it's masssssive!)



Ingredients:
12oz butter/margerine
12oz caster sugar
6 eggs 
12oz self raising flour

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4
2. Cream together the butter and the sugar in a large mixing bowl. You can use either a wooden spoon or an electric whisk to do this. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
3. Sieve in the flour and mix briefly.
4. Grease your cake tins and distribute the mixture evenly between them both.
5. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes.
6. Leave to cool and finish by filling with strawberry jam, cream and sliced strawberries. Dust the service with icing sugar and enjoy!




Yummy!!

Lots of love, Kenzie xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment